Mechanical Acceptance Tests performed by MATT-1
With the 2019 Substantive Change Amendment, NEMIC provides two levels of MATT Certifications.
A NEMIC Certified MATT is one who is knowledgeable about Mechanical Acceptance Testing as required by the Standards. The MATT performs the acceptance verification reported on the Certificate of Acceptance (Field Technician).
A NEMIC-certified MATT Level 1 performs the work described above for the Mechanical Systems Acceptance Tests listed in Section 10-103.2(1)B of the Standards. Beginning with the 2019 Standards, the NA7.5.17 Occupied Standby Acceptance will also be included as part of the MATT Level 1 scope.
For clarification, the MATT Level 1 Scope for the 2016 Standards includes the following eight Mechanical Acceptance Tests:i. NA7.5.1 Outdoor Air Ventilation Systems
ii. NA7.5.2 Constant Volume, Single Zone Unitary Air Conditioners and Heat Pumps
iii. NA7.5.4 Air Economizer Controls
iv. NA7.5.5 Demand Control Ventilation Systems
v. NA7.5.6 Supply Variable Flow Controls
vi. NA7.5.7, NA7.5.9 Hydronic System Variable Flow Controls
vii. NA7.5.10 Automatic Demand Shed Controls
Beginning with the 2019 Standards, the NA7.5.17 Occupied Standby Acceptance will also be included as part of the MATT Level 1 scope. The MATT Level 1 scope will otherwise concur with any changes to Section 10-103.2(b)1.B of the Standards after 2019.
Below is the 2019 MATT-1 scope listed by the Non-Residential Certificate of Acceptance (NRCA) forms:
- NRCA-MCH-02-A Outdoor Air Acceptance
- NRCA-MCH-03-A Constant Volume, Single Zone Unitary (Packaged and Split) Air Conditioner and Heat Pump Systems
- NRCA-MCH-05-A Air Economizer Controls Acceptance
- NRCA-MCH-06-A Demand Control Ventilation Systems Acceptance
- NRCA-MCH-07-A Supply Fan Variable Flow Controls Acceptance
- NRCA-MCH-08-A Valve Leakage Test
- NRCA-MCH-10-A Hydronic Flow Variable Flow Control Acceptance
- NRCA-MCH-11-A Automatic Demand Shed Control Acceptance
- NRCA-MCH-19-A Occupied Standby Acceptance