2 Information we collect
You can visit our website without revealing any personal information. However, NEMIC requires certain personal information if you wish to use the NEMIC ATTCP Certification Services or any other service we may offer on our website.
Where required, this information will include your personal contact information and/or your company contact information. www.attcp.org will use this information to provide you with requested services, to set up your member’s account, and to contact you regarding changes in our certification services that may impact your certification(s).
We collect, store and use the following personal information as part of the NEMIC ATTCP Certification Services:
- Information that you provide when completing your profile on our website including your name, email address, your local union area number, your home address and primary and secondary phone numbers.
- We also collect your company’s name, address and primary and secondary phone numbers, fax number and your company’s website address. We also ask you to indicate in which counties of the California your company will be performing mechanical acceptance testing.
www.attcp.org automatically receives and records non-personal information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and the page you requested. However, www.attcp.org does not connect this non-personal data to any personal information collected from you.
3 How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect to fulfill the certification service(s) you requested in accordance with the NEMIC ATTCP Certification Manual and/or mandates imposed on the NEMIC ATTCP by the most current version of the California Building Energy Efficiency Standards also known as California Code of Regulations Title 24.
4 Information we share
NEMIC ATTCP may disclose your personal information to third parties who work on behalf of NEMIC ATTCP to provide services requested by you, such as taking proctored certification exams. We will share personal information for these purposes only with third parties whose privacy policies are consistent with ours or who agree to abide by our policies with respect to personal information.
www.attcp.org shares the information you have provided the NEMIC ATTCP with the California Building Energy Efficiency Standards Registry as mandated by the California Code of Regulations Title 24.
NEMIC ATTCP lists your company information on the www.attcp.org website as mandated by the California Code of Regulations Title 24.
www.attcp.org may otherwise disclose your personal information when:
- We need to respond to subpoenas, court orders or such other legal process;
- We need to protect the personal safety of the users of our websites or defend the rights or property of www.attcp.org;
- We find that your actions on our websites violate the www.attcp.org Terms of Service or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
5 Information security
We make every effort to protect www.attcp.org and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to selected NEMIC employees and contractors who need to know that information required in conjunction with our NEMIC ATTCP Certification Services, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
www.attcp.org may at any time, without notice to you and in its sole discretion, amend this policy from time to time. Please review this policy periodically. Your continued use of www.attcp.org after any such amendments signifies your acceptance thereof.